In this post, I’ll share my Ipsy review for December 2018. I will share my thoughts on all the products that were selected for me based on my custom beauty profile as well as the add-on items I selected for an additional $3 each.
There are two types of Ipsy subscriptions:
- The OG $10 per month Glam Bag featuring 5 deluxe- or full-size products plus a cute, on-theme makeup bag
- The $25 per month Glam Bag Plus featuring 5 full-size beauty products
Ipsy Glam Bag Unboxing with Swatches
I love creating these quick unboxing videos to share with you on Instagram. You should follow me on Instagram because I often share sneak peeks and unboxings there first.
What’s included in the ipsy Glam Bag?
Each month Ipsy (referral link) includes a cute, themed makeup bag. The bag selected this month is probably my favorite so far. It’s a sparkly, gold sequence bag with faux black leather on the back. I have a million little bags, but this one is always at the top of my rotation.
Also included is a card with more details about the month’s theme, which you’ll see in the image above.
Ipsy Review for December 2018
Here’s my Ipsy review and what was included this month:
Cake Beauty Heavy Cream Intensive Body Balm
Full size price: $8.99
Full size amount: 150 ml / 5 fl oz
- No parabens, phthalates, or GMOs
- Cruelty-free and vegan
- A body butter made with aloe vera, coconut oil, shea butter, and green tea extract
The scent is very strong and smells like vanilla cake so I use it on my hands instead of all over my body since I wear perfume. Another thing to note is the hole where the product comes out tends to get clogged with dry bits.
TheBalm Cosmetics Nude Beach Eyeshadow in Bootylicious
Full size price: $36
Full size amount: 12-shade palette
- No parabens
- A bronzy eye shadow with triple-milled pigments
Yes girl, this is my type of color. TheBalm doesn’t sell the individual pan of this shadow, so you would have to buy the whole palette.
Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in Zero Carbs
Full size price: $15
Full size amount: 15 ml
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Free of parabens and GMOs
- Pretty greyish/purplish, non-toxic nail polish
At first, I wasn’t sure what to think of Trust Fund Beauty. After reading the about page, I quickly realized I really liked the idea behind this brand along with its cheeky attitude.
I used this nail polish on my toes and I had no problem with it chipping the first couple of weeks. I gotta admit, I went about 2 months before my next pedicure.
The Beauty Crop Lip Brulee in Rhubarb Custard
Full size price: $12.95
- PETA certified cruelty-free and vegan
- A high-shine liquid lipstick that is supposed to be long-lasting, intensely pigmented and moisturizing
This is a very pretty shade and the formula is great for a bold lip look.
Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ in 5 Cool Black-Brown
Full size price: $24
Full size amount: 3.0 g / 0.1 oz
- Volumizing brow gel meant to volumize (obviously), tame and tint eyebrows
Many colors to choose from and part of a larger suite of eyebrow products.
I gotta admit, I always thought these sorts of brow gels were unnecessary. That is until I tried it and now I am a brow gel convert. I was sent the color 05 – Deep Cool Black Brown, but I think if I were to buy the full size, I’d get the color 4.5 – Medium Neutral Deep Brown.
F.A.R.A.H Brushes Tapered Blending Brush 35E
Full size price: $10
- Tapered blending brush perfect for cream or powder shadows.
First of all, I use this brush a lot, mainly to apply a nude transition color all over my lid. I’ll also use it after I’ve blended out my crease color for additional blending magic between that and my transition shade.
That said, this brush does feel flimsy and I have a feeling it wont last long. The bristles are fine, the handle feels cheap and like it can break easily. I wouldn’t put it in a makeup bag because it will just snap in two.
At the time of this post, the F.A.R.A.H website was deemed not safe by my Chrome browser, so I wasn’t able to get more information on the website, nor am I going to link it here. I hope they fix the problem soon, but if you would like to learn more about this specific brush or the F.A.R.A.H brand, I would suggest hitting up Google.
Ouai Scalp & Body Scrub
Full size price: $38
Full size amount: 8.8 oz / 250 g
- Developed and produced in the United States
- No parabens, phthalates, or sulfates
- Cruelty-free and no animal testing
- Deep-cleansing, foaming scrub for scalp and body
This smells amazing and was a lovely exfoliator on my skin. It did foam up a little, which I am not used to in this type of product, but I guess that’s ’cause it is also for the hair. I tried using it on my scalp and I had to use quite a bit because it didn’t spread well.
Coco & Eve Like A Virgin Super Nourishing Coconut & Fig Hair Masque
Full size price: $44.90
Full size amount: 212 ml / 7.2 oz
- PETA approved, vegan and not tested on animals
- No gluten, sulfate, phthalates and paraben free
- Produced in the USA
- Color safe
- Free worldwide delivery
- 100% money back guarantee
- Free tangle tamer brush included with purchase
- 5-in-1 treatment hair mask to restore dry and damaged hair, improve texture and shine, hydrate and deep condition, as well as treat split ends and tame frizz all in 10 minutes.
This smells amazing and made my hair feel soft. I loved it and would buy the full-size if it didn’t cost so much. I don’t know, I just have a hard time paying that type of price for certain things. But again, I loved it.
Grace & Stella Dead Sea Mud Mask
Full size price: $18.95
Full size amount: 200 g / 7 oz
- Not tested on animals
- An all-natural mask made with mineral-rich Dead Sea mud. It is supposed to be great for detoxifying impurities
This mask gave me a slight tingle of irritation while it was on my face. When it took it off, my skin was redder than normal. Even though my face felt clean afterward, I probably won’t purchase because there is something in here that irritated my skin. You may not experience this same irritation though.
Is the Ipsy Glam Bag worth the money?
Yeaaaaah! I can’t quit ipsy. I get so excited when the second of the month rolls around and I’m able to see what will be included in that month’s bag and to select the add-on items I want. Opening the bright-pink package every month gives me all of the girly feels that I love. Let me know what you think of this month’s ipsy Glam Bag in the comments below.
If you would like to learn more or sign up or Ipsy, please click here (referral link).
I’d love to know more about what you think of my Ipsy Review for December 2018, so please let me know in the comments below.