In this post, I am going to share my Ipsy Glam Bag Review for October 2018. For only $10 a month, Ipsy sends out full- and deluxe-sized samples of beauty products. The reason the Ipsy Glam Bag is one of my favorite beauty subscriptions is because they tailor the contents to your profile.
You also have the option to add-on 3 additional items. The deluxe size samples are $3 each and the full-size items are $12 each. You can mix and match deluxe and full size samples, it just can’t be more than 3.
I’ve written more about the Ipsy Glam Bag here.
What’s included in the Ipsy Glam Bag?
Much like my September 2018 Ipsy Glam Bag review, I didn’t record a video or take individual product photos, but I still listed out what was included below.
Let’s get into the Ipsy Glam Bag Review for October 2018. Here’s what I got in this month’s subscription:
Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
Full size price: $45
Full size amount: 8.1 fl oz / 240 mL
- Made in the USA
- Formulated without gluten, phthalates, parabens, propylene glycol, synthetic colors, PEGs, and petrolatum.
- Does not test raw ingredients on animals
- Cruelty-free and vegan
- A cult favorite, this is a luxurious body cream with pistachio and salted caramel fragrance. It is infused with caffeine-rich guarana and is supposed to help tighten skin.
While I did like this all-over body lotion, I can’t see myself paying this amount for a moisturizer. It was creamy and a bit thicker than lotion, but it wasn’t as thick as I had expected.
Sundays Nail Polish in No. 18 Deep Plum
Full size price: $18
Full size amount: .47 fl oz / 14 ml
- Cruelty free and vegan
- 10 free
- Does not include dibutyl phthalate, toluene, xylene, ethyl tosylamide, camphor, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, parabens, and tert-butyl hydroperoxide
- Sundays is a nail polish formulated with your well-being in mind. No. 18 is a deep plum shade.
This is a very pretty color and I’m happy to have it. I don’t think I would spend $18 on a nail polish though.
M.A.C Little Lipglass in Oh Baby
Full size price: $17.50
Full size amount: 0.1 fl oz / 3.1 ml
- From their website regarding animal testing: “M·A·C does not test on animals. We do not own any animal testing facilities and we never ask others to test on animals for us. While some governments conduct animal testing to prove safety before they will allow us to sell our products, M·A·C has never tested on animals and we continue to be a leader in the movement to end animal testing globally. To this end, we are proud to partner with IIVS (INSTITUTE FOR IN VITRO SCIENCES) to expand the use and acceptance of non-animal testing methods worldwide.”
- Golden bronze with glitter lip gloss.
I don’t like the formula of MAC’s lipglass. Also, I feel like bronze colors don’t look good on me, so I don’t use this.
So Susan Color Trip High Intensity Color Pigment in Myseterious
Full size price: $18
Full size amount: 0.08 oz / 2.3 g
- PETA Certified Cruelty-free, not tested on animals, and vegan
- No mineral oil, parabens, phthalates, or gluten
- High pigment makeup powder that can be used for face, eyes, body or hair
I really like this. The color is very bold, so it’s not something I would wear regularly, but I will definitely use it from time to time.
Beau Gachis Eyebrow Brush
Full size price: $9.95
- Never tested on animals but some brushes contain animal hair
- A standard eyebrow brush
One of my favorite items to receive in a subscription box are brushes. I feel like they are the most valuable because it’s something you can use over and over again for years. I have a few “travel size” eyebrow brushes so I’m happy to finally have a full-size one. Bristles are soft.
Add On Items
SLMissGlam L50 Lilac Sparkle Eye Blender
Full size price: ?
- A very girly blending brush
I like the shape of the bristles, but they weren’t as soft as other synthetic brushes. I feel a tiny scratch when I use this brush. You can feel the texture of the glitter on the handle and I don’t like these colors for a makeup brush which isn’t a big deal but when you add them up, I feel like there are better brushes out there.
I had a hard time finding this brush, even in a different color on the website, so I’m not including a link below.
Half Caked Lip Fondant in Lover Boy
Full size price: $16
Full size amount: 0.24 fl oz / 7 ml
- Cruelty free and vegan
- Matte lip color with a mousse-like texture that is supposed to be long-lasting, non-drying, buildable and smudge-proof. Lover Boy is a deep magenta shade
Mousse lip products feel weird to me. Is it just me? It’s a pretty color that I will wear from time to time though.
I couldn’t find this shade one their website so here’s the link to all of the other colors.
Buxom Cosmetics Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly
Full size price: $21
Full size amount: 0.15 oz / 4.44 mL
- Vitamin A and E
- Not tested on animals
- A plumping lip gloss in a beautiful shimmery mauve shade. The plumping gives your lips a tingly sensation that you normally don’t experience with other lip products.
I’ve always liked Buxom lip glosses and this one is no different. This is a pretty mauve shade that also looks great on top of other lip colors.
Is ipsy Glam Bag worth the price?
Yup, I think so. I love trying new products from brands that are new to me or even brands that I’m familiar with.To find out more and subscribe, click here (referral link).
Otherwise, I’d love to know what you think about this Ipsy Glam Bag review for October 2018, so be sure to leave a comment below.